Thursday, November 15, 2018

What is admin doing these days?

9:10 AM Posted by Admin 2 comments

So you guys must be wondering what am i doing currently? Well here is my case study!
2016
I started preparing for Mba in 2016, got a decent 93ish percentile but didn't get a good college.
2017
From the start of 2017 i started gambling into stock markets which looked like an easy money for me :P
In first 4-5 months i earned a decent corpus of around 10lac. When everything looked easy i started taking more risks and ended up losing 5 lac in a single trade. I was so devastated that i stopped trading after that. Then i looked upto CAT again,  thinking 1 good chance can get me into good iims and i can have a good life ahead. I took cat in 2017 and ended up scoring 56%ile.!! Yes you read that right.
2018
In January 18, I got in touch with few professionals who traded in bitcoins and crudeoil. They asked my opinions on various commodities and to my surprise they were accurate AF! There is no such thing as 100% accuracy in trading. Taking courage from the opinions i gave them i started trading into stock markets again. But this time it was different. I made a strategy and coded it into amibroker which could manage my overall money and profits.(Also called as Algo Trading). I usually make strategies that use mathematics which i learnt in engineering (Bell Curve, Poisson's ratio etc.) and i deploy them using options(A derivative of index, just like velocity is derivative of displacement). As of now i am making more amount that i'd get from mid tier B-school. Here's a screenshot of today's trade.




For those of you who might ask; was leaving Mba for this worth it? My answer-  Fuck yes!
Would i take cat assuming  if i were to score 99ile? My answer- Yes! I have made money with little knowledge and strict money management. But i do want to study more about how companies work etc...


Ignore the grammatical mistakes which might have crept in!
P.S i am gonna take cat 2019! :S

2 comments:

  1. I am also thinking to start algo trading as a part time profession and soon converting to full time. Can you guide me through this???Thanks in advance....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Algo trading is not a part time profession. Only enter this domain if you have made up your mind to go full time.

    ReplyDelete